Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Why I love shooting outdoors...

Although I got my start as a "pro" in a studio, and now shoot primarily indoors - and with hospital room lighting! - I love to shoot outdoors with natural light. Its simple. Its beautiful. Its less editing on my part (haha).

This week, Mother Nature has given us a break from this horrid Chicago winter we've been having. 45 balmy degrees on Monday led us to a short trip to the Cosley Zoo in Wheaton, Illinois, where some of the following pictures were shot. On our trip home, I stopped to take some photos along the Fox River in St. Charles.

Even better was the 60 degree day we enjoyed yesterday! I arrived home from work at 1:30, ate a quick lunch, and got the girls in the car for the 45 minute drive to the Brookfield Zoo just outside Chicago. It was one of their February "free days" (every Tuesday, Thursday and weekend this month!), so it was worth it to go for just 90 minutes as we did.

Anyway, we got some time outside, and I got some pictures of my girls!! Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Abbi is so full of personality. Love that last pic! I can't wait to get my bee-u-ti-full nieces in my arms next wkend ;)

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete