Tuesday, February 17, 2009

In Training... {Bella Life!}

A little over a week ago, I began my Bella Life training. I'm learning from our senior photographer (Kim), how to photograph families in their own homes - or in our "homey" studio in Naperville. Although I have "studio experience", this is different. We don't use stationary lights. We don't shoot on a backdrop. We shoot real people, in real light, in real poses... not unnaturally squeezing everyone into the frame. Its creativity to the max...and I love it. As the owner of Bella Baby Photography says, it is free training that we can use to better ourselves not only as Bella Babes, but also in our own photography biz ventures. Thanks, Kelly...for being so generous! I TRULY TRULY mean that... I've learned so much in two sittings!! (And thank you, Kim, for your patience and willingness to let me try my hand at this!!!)

So, in this sitting, we had mom - who is 36 weeks pregnant - dad, and 4 kids - 7 and under. Awesome family. Lots of fun. And such a great looking family too!! They totally "fit" Bella Life. They ARE Bella Life. My trainer let me shoot behind her - shooting when she wasn't, taking pics of the kids while she focused on Mom, etc... It was great. I was able to play a lot with my lighting, posing, camera settings...knowing that Kim was doing the important stuff and if my shots worked - GREAT!

Here is a pic of the whole family... Kim was shooting, took a break and I just snapped away. There's no, "Everyone look here", "Smile for the camera", or for heaven's sake, "CHEEEEESE". I just snap while you BE. You sit and talk and laugh and look at me, or at your kids and if we get everyone looking up - its natural... If we get everyone looking at each other...its natural. Basically, I said it before and I'll say it again... Its BELLA LIFE!!!

I've got some awesome shots of the kids, as well, and I'll share them once I've had the opportunity to edit them... having problems with the old (or, not-so-old) laptop again... so we'll see when that will be!

Let me know what you think... Let me know you're visiting my blog!!


1 comment:

  1. I love it, Kim. And Congratulations! I know you've been aiming for this for a while now. I think you'll do great. Your photos of the girls always astound me...you have a knack for capturing the mood of the subject everytime you snap a picture.

    Keep it up! I enjoy all the pics you post.

    ReplyDelete